Wednesday, March 22, 2006



Here we are, blocking... I'm a little concerned that it's going to be a bit 'large' in the top region... I am not a busty lass by any stretch of the imagination... and that it's going to be longgggg overall. However, I really liked doing this pattern, and would actually consider giving it another go if it fails utterly to be a wearable object!

In other news, I am working along on my 'leftovers scarf', which I think looks quite pretty. Let's see what you think! It is like a giant caterpillar at this point in time... which, if you know me, is right up my alley. The only thing I don't like about it is that every row, I cut the yarn to make the fringe. Good because I don't have to go back and do the fringe later, but bad because it breaks the 'flow' of the knitting every row. I am having fun strolling down memory lane about the projects I used the original yarn for: a pair of thrummed mittens; a 9 foot long scarf that I made in college; a boxy sweater; a cool lacy cotton sweater; a scarf as a gift; and so on and so forth. The weather is still chilly here despite its being spring, so I'm hoping I'll finish before the weather turns! If I don't, it will be the first thing I try out next winter!

1 comment:

ljh said...

I like the scarf....cool fringe.

ljh