Monday, March 20, 2006

Well, my latest knitting project is on hold, because I have run out of yarn... you can see my progress at http://vestalong.blogspot.com . I'm soooo close to being finished! The vest involved steeks, and it was very exciting to cut the steeks. I went so carefully and slowly... and it is so cool to see that they're holding up just fine as I continue to work on the garment.
Currently, I am on an 'emergency wallet lockdown', which doesn't allow me to go out and buy all kinds of yarn for projects. So, tonight, I pulled out all of my leftover yarn, and picked out the following yarns for a "leftover scarf project":



I think it will look nice! I also have plenty to make one in blues, greens, and who knows what else. We'll see how it goes once I get going!

Although I'm on a wallet lockdown, I do also have a small business where I make and sell jewelry. To that end, I went to a great bead show yesterday. http://www.beadfiesta.com and my FAVORITE beads were ones made by Lori Lochner. http://www.lorilochner.com And, her beads inspired me to run to a nearby table and buy some cool wooden beads, and I zipped home and made these:



Oh, great. They are sideways. And, of course, the pics don't do these necklaces justice, in my opinion!

Well, now off to try and figure out this random yarn scarf...

2 comments:

Cece said...

Oh... those are nice.

I was surprised that you didn't go to the yarn store yesterday and finish up the vest!

Do I get a gold star for being your first commenter?

Amanda said...

You do get a gold star, cece. And I did go to the yarn store to finish the vest!