Sunday, March 26, 2006

WIP, FO, and one thing I hate about running.

Well, first, let's show off the WIP, my Jaywalker socks. I am making them out of some nice yarn, but I can't remember what kind it is at all. Shame on me. I bought it a long time ago, and then wound it at either Cece's house, or possibly my mom's house... for some reason, I didn't keep the label with the yarn, which I usually do! Anyway, I love the simplicity of the pattern and the fantastic zig zag effect you get! Next time, I might try a different cuff that will zig and zag along with the rest of the sock... we'll see what I can come up with. The sad thing about knitting socks is this: I have extra sweaty feet (more on that later for those of you who can stomach it), and wool socks are probably a little more than I can handle. Therefore, I have a bunch of hand knit socks that I don't wear very often! I lovvvve making them, though, and will therefore continue.


And now we move to my latest FO, the "Leftovers Scarf that looks like a Caterpillar." Every single stitch was done with yarn left over from an old project! I like the way it turned out, but I don't like the way this picture makes it look. I did get a positive compliment from someone about it already, so I stand by my caterpillar! The pattern (if you care) was simple: 5 rows of black, 3 rows of 'reddish' yarn, repeat. I cut the yarn at the end of every row so as to create mass quantities of fringe, and after every half dozen rows or so, I'd tie the fringe together in pairs. Fringe-tastic!

And now, for the third and final installment for today. For those of you with weak stomachs, please skip this portion and never ever read it. Ever. If you have already seen the picture, please just imagine that it is some sort of abstract art. Okay, now let's see if this lives up to the hype. I went running today. Just about 3 miles or so. I have cranky foot-skin. It blisters like a bastard. I have tried various shoes, socks, powders, taping, lubing, and any other suggestion that has been thrown at me by a variety of doctors (chiropractors, physical therapists, dermatologists, podiatrists, and so on), runners, and general know it alls... I have also tried to allow time to toughen up my feet. It does not work. Instead, the toughened skin merely serves as an extra thick cover on top of the new blister. This is a nice picture of the bottom of one of my feet after my run today. I hope you enjoy it. Lucky for you, it's blurry! The damaged area is about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide. Why, might you ask, do I still run? Because I am a gigantic idiot. Plus, it is good exercise, and I'm kinda used to the whole blistery horribleness by now. And, it is somewhat important to run if you're going to do a triathlon. I do those. Also because I am a gigantic idiot. I find them fun, blisters and all...

And on that note, I had better slink out of here before you all (and by you all, I mean the two people who know I have a blog) start hurling tomatoes and gauze pads at me.

4 comments:

Cece said...

Jaywalkers = nice.

Catapiller Scarf = Awesome and fun.

Blister = Gross and ouchie.

Swimming on Tuesday? I'd have to wait until 4:15ish (my manager is in town).

ljh said...

ow.

A note. I do not have sweaty feet and my feet are quite small so socks would go fast.....

I'm just sayin'...

ljh

Annie said...

Socks nice, scarf looks great but that blister, shit that must hurt. Thanks to Cece I had to see that blister straight after eating sushi for lunch...I did manage to keep it though, it didn't come back up.

Carrie said...

Welcome to the blogging world!!!