Sunday, April 02, 2006


Bead Crochet Pics!!!



Well, I have been working on some bead crochet bracelets, and had a good time coordinating colors and thinking of what patterns I wanted to try out. Here is a shot of the results, although I again feel that the picture doesn't do them justice... but then again, of course I'd say that, since I made them!

In Jaywalker news, completed sock #1 does not yet have a partner... the knitting was put on hold for beading. You know how that can go... and even buying new yarn was put on hold when I visited the Hub Mills/ Classic Elite warehouse yarn sale- prior to heading over there yesterday morning, I had made a list of projects I'd like to do, and didn't end up finding yarn that would work out! How does THAT happen? I left empty handed! I guess that is for the best, seeing as I have been trying to keep up with the 'wallet lockdown'...

I've had a nice weekend. Friday after work, a couple of my coworkers came over to look at my jewelry, and one of them redeemed her Xmas gift certificate, and the other one bought a nice bracelet. Then, we went over to Caffe Paradiso and had fabulous martinis (I had an apple martini and a blue raspberry martini) and delicious sandwiches. I love it there! On Saturday, I was awake by 6:15, and was at the gym in the pool at 7. After my swim, I ran two miles with a couple of women I met last weekend- and then went home and made whole wheat banana walnut pancakes. Super yum. Then, I strolled over to the Tsongas Arena, where they were having the opening ceremonies for the world curling championships... as best as I can figure out, curling is a lot like shuffleboard...
After I wandered home, it was 'lounge time', until the power went out at 3:30! I high tailed it over to the bead store (after calling to make sure they had power) and crocheted until she closed for the day. And, the power was still out when I got home! I knocked on a couple of neighbors' doors, and we ended up having an impromptu candlelight wine and chips party until the power went back on at 9:30. My neighbor who will remain unnamed, got so drunk that she called 911 and complained about the power outage, and they asked her if she was having a medical emergency, and she slurred out, 'No, but this is certainly a SOCIAL emergency!" The rest of us were trying to get her to hang up the phone and finally she did. I was embarrassed for her, to say the least!

I am still a bit groggy today after drinking all that wine last night, but still managed to go for a really nice bike ride (in groggy 'next day after wine mode') and am pleased to see that it's only 1:30. That leaves plenty of time for 'whatever' for the rest of the day!

2 comments:

Cece said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend - I was off in Portsmouth 'cross-crafting'.

Swimming tomorrow night?

sukeyknits said...

Busy weekend! I'm not really a comment leaving person but you've been added to my lunch time reading. Enjoyed your "barbequing" experience!