Monday, April 17, 2006

The day of 50 FO's?

Well, today is day 4 of a 10 day hiatus from work. I don't feel like I've checked very many things off of the 'to do' list, but so it goes. This morning consisted of sleeping late (for me), getting up, munching on some cereal, watching Maury Povitch's top 10 awesomest paternity test guests (HI-Larious!), showering, and taking a brief walk outside (no, the salon is NOT open today, yes, I DID remember to plop my Netflix movies in the mailbox, and YUM for coconut hazelnut iced coffee!) While flip-flopping home from the coffee place, it hit me: today could be the day of 50 finished objects! I felt a wave of self doubt: could i really do that? Maybe I should make it only 20. But I've done THAT before (earrings are fast!)... so, in honor of the Boston Marathoners, I am going to have a marathon of my own. I am going to dust off my bead table, and see what I can see. Speaking of the bead table, I should probably show you a pic of the disaster that I fondly call my work station. I'll get right on that. In addition to the bead table, I also have several workshop type organizers with little drawers- you can either be a sucker and buy the pretty purple organizers at a craft store, or you can go into the hardware section of whatever store is to your liking, and get the 'let's separate the nails from the screws' organizer. Sure, it's not purple, but whatever. Okay, enough time off task. I will check back in later. Possibly with pictures. It is now 11:12 AM. Let the "Day of 50 FO's" commence!

4 comments:

sukeyknits said...

I say you should let the day of 50 FOs be 24 hours long, otherwise you are cheating yourself! Goodluck - it's nice to feel productive.

Amanda said...

Well, lucky for me, earrings are EXTRA fast to make! I'm up to 25 FO's after 2 hours! BUWAHAHAHAHA!

Cece said...

I've been trying to call you on the phone to place an earring order... you aren't answering.

PAY ATTENTION TO ME

ljh said...

Wow, Amanda, that girl Cece is sure needy.....

...so, how did it go? Did you get to 50? It's like I'm on the last page of the book and it's glued to the cover.....