Monday, April 24, 2006

My Laziest Self EVER!

Well, April vacation has now come and gone, and I do believe I managed to only check ONE thing off my humongous 'vacation to do list'. Only ONE. I went and got my passport photos taken. And that is it. Was there spring cleaning? Nope. Was there any cleaning of any kind? Well, I did do my laundry once, and I did run the dishwasher once or twice. I also managed to bathe most days. Did I work on getting up a business website? Nope. Did I pay bills? Hahahaha, do not be silly with me. There were so many other things on the list that I just did NOT DO. However, I enjoyed every darned minute of sitting around flabbily and feeling like a glob of silly putty. I did go running. I did go for a bike ride. I even went to Bikram yoga... hot hot hot, baby!

And... I did some knitting. I am now done with the front, back, and one sleeve of the Gibson Girl Pullover... which still has not been captured on camera... BECAUSE I AM TOO LAZY!

I think I am enjoying this lazy thing a little too much. In a few months, my apartment will look like one of those creepy pack rats lives here... the dishes at the bottom of the pile in the sink will have started biodegrading, there will be piles of paper waist high everywhere, with a path from the bed to the bathroom, from the sofa to the computer... and I might get a parrot or something. It will say ominous things like, 'Careful of that tilting pile of documents' or, 'why clean dishes when you can wait until the food crusts over it so hard that you can eat off of it again' or, 'at least you're not a weird lady with eleven cats'...

Then again, I might just start ticking those things off of my list any minute now. Annnnny minnnnute nowwwww........

3 comments:

Liz said...

you are an inspiration to us all.

sukeyknits said...

You have achieved a true vacation - doing tons, but getting nothing done. Did you ever finish the argyle vest? I'd love to see a pic of the finished product. Was it at a different site?

amysue said...

I don't know. We have a parrot and it says things like "peekaboo!" and "thankyou" sometimes it tells itself it's a "good bird". It never comments on the state of my housekeeping...