Thursday, May 11, 2006

(My mom's gonna love this title)

I've got the CLAP!

Those of you who know what I'm talking about, already know that I'm referring to the Clapotis shawl/ scarf, not the mysterious STD... I had been toying with the idea of using my Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn to make a scarf sized Clapotis, but didn't want to blog about it until it looked like it would work and that I'd have enough yarn to make it worthwhile to knit. For some reason, I didn't feel like blogging about a failure... I'm still stinging from the Argyle Vest situation. (by the way, if you ever run into a 6'5" woman who looks to be about a size 12- you know, skinny for her height- let me know. I have a vest for her!)
So, anyway, here is a photo of my progress:



Yes, it is a very bright and cheery colorway. It's about 1 1/2 feet long so far. I only started last night, but had a 3 hour long social work staff meeting today, which is prime knitting time, as far as I'm concerned. There is one other woman who knits, but our styles are pretty different. She appears to focus strictly on baby items, made out of shiny, acrilic, fuzzy, pastel yarn. It even LOOKS squeaky! Ewwww. It is making my tongue shiver just thinking about it. I know... why my tongue? I have no idea. But, I'm willing to bet you know exactly what I'm talking about, now, don't you!!!

Even though it's May 11, I saw my breath this morning when walking to my car. And with weather.com stating that we will have clouds and rain for the forseeable future (which lasts 10 days, according to weather.com), I just might get to use little Miss Clappy before summer comes!

And, in case you were wondering, the Gibson Girl is still drying. With all of this damp weather, I'm not sure the yarn is certain as to whether it should dry, or whether it should stay kinda damp... for the next 500 years or so. As long as it dries before it develops that 'moldy' smell... that happens to my gym clothes if I hang them for too long- I always throw exercise clothes in the sink with some Woolite right away- who wants smelly gym clothes in with the regular laundry? Not this gal. Onion skin on the kitchen floor? No problem. Empty ripped envelopes lying in the general proximity of the garbage can? I won't bat an eyelash. Wearing clean clothes out of the nicely folded pile of laundry (rather than having to actually put my clothes away)? Cool, dude. But smelly gym clothes? Unacceptable! Plus, I have been working out a lot and don't have a ton of gym clothes, so I either have to keep them washed... or put on smelly gym clothes... which I have done in a pinch, and let me tell you... nothing is quite as gross... except for perhaps having to put on SOMEONE ELSE'S sweaty gym clothes! Which I can honestly say I have never done. You KNOW I'd tell you if I had! And that is one of the things you like about me, right???

Okay, this post has clearly reached a saturation level of knitting updates, and personal information about my gross habits. I should probably cut my losses at this point. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: