Monday, June 26, 2006

Sparkly Warkly!

I found a pattern I liked in a beading magazine this weekend, and away I went! Seriously, these are even prettier in real life. My fave is the dark pink and green one, but that's just me.

I had my 'sit down' meeting with the principal and assistant principal at my new job today. It went pretty well, but I think they are still disappointed that they can't keep the social worker they had for part of this past year. Sigh. I guess I'll just have to make them happy by kicking some ASS!

Tomorrow is my last day of work for the school year. To my credit, I have managed to do ALL of the end of the year work I need to do, in addition to all of the end of the year work that the clerk would usually do (she was out the past 4 days). Now, I am going to be at the mercy of my boss for the last day. Here is the beginning of the list of stupid stuff she has come up for me to do... Put these keyboards in the storage room. Put these deflated playgroud balls in the downstairs closet. Collect all of the clothes the kids left here and throw them away. Perhaps in a garbage bag. Cover the desks outside the office with black tape so the kids can't write on them.
Oh, and it took her 45 minutes to come up with that list of things that will take me 30 minutes to do tomorrow.

It is going to be a long day. I'm hoping to distract her by taking her out to lunch, by saying it's a 'thank you' for all she's done for me. You know, like assigning me such meaningful work. I'm so glad I got that Masters degree. Otherwise, I might bring the keyboards down to the boiler room instead of the storage room- what a disaster THAT would be!

Wish me luck.

No comments: