Thursday, July 13, 2006

Boobie Bugs!

So, I went up to my parents' house over the past couple of days, to hang out and to celebrate my grandmother's 92nd birthday. For her gift, I told her that I would knit her a hat to match the scarf I knit for her last Christmas. She appeared confused, and asked if it would have a brim. Now, I am not so sure about this... a hat with a knitted brim out of soft, fluffy eyelash yarn? I avoided the question and said it would be soft and nice. She seemed satisfied with this explanation. (But I'm still wondering... what the HECK knitted hat with a brim was she thinking of? Like, a Rasta hat? HAHAHAHAHA! That would be hilarious. At least it wouldn't smush her hair down!

I had gotten sick over Father's Day weekend, so I presented my father with a gag gift... a turqoise and white batik dyed bikini. He needs a new swimsuit for triathlon training purposes, but couldn't find one. He was so perplexed and bemused by the bikini, he didn't know what to do! Luckily, I quickly explained that a swimsuit would be forthcoming. Later that afternoon, we went shopping at a local sports store and found a suitable suit.

That evening, my mom and I sat down to watch the new season of Project Runway. They really picked some cool people with fantastic talent, as well as a few good characters with personality disorders... you know, to keep things interesting for us viewers. Well, as we were watching, these weird bugs kept falling down onto our chests from the recessed lighting up above... and they were going down our shirts! They weren't landing anywhere but our chests, and I therefore named them 'boobie bugs'. It is still baffling to me... why were they falling? And why were they falling onto our chests? Very strange.

So, I have decided that I am going to postpone revealing the results of my contest from yesterday until I have a good photograph. BUWAHAHAHAHA! Luckily for you, it will not be too long a wait, as I figure tomorrow will be a good time for pictures. Sweet.

No comments: