Saturday, January 27, 2007

Impressed

Well, I've got to say that the stash-busting Bustalong I'm participating in is leaving me impressed all around. I am not only impressed by the sheer size of some of the stashes, but also by the huge variety of yarns in people's stashes, as well as by the interesting and fabulous projects that knitters everywhere are completing. Talk about a source of inspiration! I have found several items I'd just love to make, at least one of which I have some yarn for already! How convenient!
Anyway, I was hoping to have a last minute, late night picture of another finished project, but as I was knitting along, I was wondering to myself why I was running out of yarn much more so than for the first sock. Upon closer inspection while decreasing for the toe, I realized that I had way too many stitches... and that I hadn't decreased enough at the gusset. Ugh. So, there was some frogging, some heavy sighing... but I'm certain I'll be back on track in no time!
On an unrelated note, I will be in my brother's wedding party in a couple of months. I have boldly decided to attempt to make my own dress! Naturally, I will include pictures here once there's something to show off. I have purchased the pattern and some cheapo fabric to make the muslin out of... so my sock might have to be put on hold for a bit. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

sukeyknits said...

That's very ambitious. As I was reading along, I thought you were going to knit a shawl for the wedding... but a whole dress! Didn't realize you sew (I mean full on sew) full of suprises.