Monday, January 22, 2007

Latest FO, in color (and lots of it)

Here is a quick shot of my latest stashbusting FO: Some rainbow Jaywalkers. I purposefully did not try to match the stripes. I was going for the natural look:

I had a hard time getting my gauge just right for these. The pattern is not very stretchy in nature, and I always have to modify the size of socks because my feet are narrow. I ended up using size 0 needles and putting 17 stitches on each of four needles, rather than the 19 called for. The result? Nice, snug socks that are almost too difficult to get on, but fit wonderfully once they're on. I am very happy, particularly because I cast on five different times- too loose, too tight, too loose, a little too loose... you get the idea...

1 comment:

kate said...

what is that lovely yarn?? i covet it so that i just may jump right off the destashing wagon!