Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Regia Bamboo Yarn Review

Okay, now that I have completed my Monkey socks in Regia Bamboo yarn, I have this to say: These socks were super duper saggy, like droopy elephant legs. To be honest, I'm pretty sure I won't even wear them again! I think I will consider frogging both socks and making some sort of scarf... if I can get over the thought of the yarn being on my feet! (Is that weird?) Anyway, I am completely bummed out about this. I was hoping for some super non itchy socks in a less toasty warm fiber than wool. I guess ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby!

Also, I know I mentioned that I was going to make the dress for my brother's wedding. I did indeed start sewing the muslin, but it was very evident right away that the pattern just was NOT right for my figure, so I had to go to Plan B. I went to David's Bridal, and ended up buying the first dress I tried on! Success! It's in black- so if you go to the linkadink, click on the little black square to see what it looks like. I am going to take off the cheesy rhinestone accent piece, unless, of course, the bride wants us to wear rhinestone tiaras, and then, it's all good, baby! I don't have shoes yet, but that is a detail. Plus, check this out: this dress looks super duper awesome and flattering on me! It smooshes down my 'Christmas Cookie Belly' in a way that I never could have dreamed of! I might just wear this derned thing on a daily basis, based purely on how kickass I feel in it! Huzzah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.