Sunday, January 14, 2007

Under the Wire
Tonight, I am sorting through all of my yarn, so that it all hopefully fits into my storage bin. Some of it was snuggled away elsewhere, all snug and yarny. Awwww. Anyway, I revisited the Merino Lace Socks single sock that I finished back in November, and realized that if I hoped to knit the second one, I would need to get the matching yarn. I located it online, and bought it... just under the wire. I put some nonessential yarn in my shopping cart, and then prudently removed it. I am such a good girl! Yippee!

I have a new obsession. It is an awesome online laser game. It is super awesome and you should try it. There is a laser, and mirrors, and you have to align the lasers so that they light up the lightbulbs. I am on level 19.

Next, I have some finished items that I just whipped up from some nice Knitpicks yarn. Did I neglect to mention that I ordered it and a book on tams when I ordered all those needles a couple of weeks ago? Yep, probably I did. Completely guilt related avoidance of yarn purchase mentioning. (That was a terrible sentence. Decode it if you dare. The important thing is that the yarn was purchased comfortably BEFORE the Bustalong!) Well, anyway, here is the swatch, which I cleverly made into a coffee cozy. Ummm, which I copied from someone else's blog. I apologize to you, idea maker, for forgetting who you are. But you know who you are, and you are a goddess.
Please admire the adorable crocheted edging. It is adorable.
Next, we have the tam itself. Sorry about the terrible side view; the lighting in my home is exceedingly BAD. As are my camera skills.Sadly, my dinner plates are 11 inches rather than 10 inches. You are supposed to block the tam on a ten inch plate. I guess I'll need to procure one. At any rate, I liked making this tam. I have enough yarn left for at least one more. However, I cannot imagine wanting to own more than one tam of this particular colorway. Ooh, but I do have a friend who is nicknamed "Orange Anne." Ya think she might like one? Hint: Yes, she would. She got the nickname because almost everything she wears is orange. It is quite a sight to behold.
Okay, kids, over and out. I have a NEW post to create!

1 comment:

kate said...

cup sleaves are the best thing to do with fair isle swatches!! (oh, and they make wicked good cozies for pints o' ice creamy goodness:P)