Sunday, January 28, 2007

Yet More Socks!

One of my UFO's was this pair of socks- check out the patterns on the sides and the tops:

Additionally, please note the way that the pattern runs down the heel:
(As usual, sorry for the sideways pic- I am as un-lazy as possible, but Photoshop tries my every last patience!)
I had accidentally picked up two different (yet similar) colors of this yarn, but didn't notice until I got ready to knit sock #2. So, I made it a goal, naturally, to knit sock #2 in the correct and matching color during the Bustalong! I ordered two matching balls just before the Bustalong started. Now, they are done!
Project Details:
Pattern: Merino Lace Socks by Anne Woodbury from the Summer 03 Interweave Knits
Yarn: Gedifra Fashion Trend Sportivo in color # 5707, 2 balls
Needles: Size 0 double points, set of 5
Notes: The picture in the magazine did not do these socks justice. You totally can't see the additional patterning on the top of the sock or down the heel. I absolutely loved the pattern! It is really pretty and is interesting to knit. I liked the entire pattern except for how the sides of the heel flap were treated. I am used to having the slip stitch edge on the sides of the heel flap, and that wasn't quite what happened in this pattern. I won't bore you, just be prepared to be surprised by a difference from the usual, or to do your own thing. I would recommend this pattern for sure. Another note: the pattern is written to be knit on two circular needles. If you use double points, you'll have to decide on your own how to divide the stitches... because the center of the pattern includes yarn overs and decreases, you'll end up with more stitches on one side and will have to shift them around every so often... or, at least, that is what happened to me... but I was so happy with the super awesomeness of the pattern that I didn't care!
So, I am going to wait until I'm finished with my next project before blogging about it... it's a secret surprise! Yay!

No comments: