Saturday, February 10, 2007

Here there be Knitting

And more specifically, i-cording. I have been a knitterly whirling dervish, and have knit and seamed the Samus. I also just finished the i-cord around every single edge... and man, that is a LOT of i-cord! Luckily, the sweater is for a wee individual... it could have been a whole lot worse!
Now, I need to find a matching zipper. Luckily, my mom (and dad and grandma) is coming down for a visit tomorrow, and my mom is a bit of a sewing buff. She sent away for the YKK zipper catalogue, and I will be able to get a perfect match! I will simultaneously pick out a zipper for my ribby cardi, and boom. A little zipper sewing, and two more items finished!

I guess I'll save the project recap for when I actually and officially FINISH the above Samus. Sounds fair to me, no?

Now, pardon me while I get back to Starsky... Cece and I agreed that we would both get back to sweaters that have been abandoned. Mine has been abandoned since around Christmas; Cece's "marmalade jacket" has been abandoned a tad bit longer, but it is SOOOOOO pretty! I can't wait to see it finished... hint hint...

1 comment:

sukeyknits said...

The Samus looks great! I can totally get you a Sari - there are tons of kinds and styles - I'm getting one tomorrow I think and will post pics and you can tell me if you like that kind and what colors you like or if you want something else like a shawl or who knows what. I have email (it's robinsonsuzanne@yahoo.com) for about a week until I fly off to Mumbai, but will be in Delhi again for another several days (translation: there's time).