Friday, February 16, 2007

It's all over but the...

I think there's a word that finishes that saying, but I don't actually know what it is. Anyway, all final touches are finished, and Starsky's collar is being lightly blocked.

I am pleased as punch with the results. I think a slightly floppier yarn would have been a wee bit better, but I think this is a good project. I'll add a picture of me in it at some point... but this is always made a bit harder by the whole 'living by myself' factor!

~~Project Details~~

Pattern: Starsky from Knitty, size M
Yarn: Patons Pure Wool Aran, purchased possibly 10 years ago
Needles: Denise Interchangables, sizes 6 & 5 (sized down from the suggested 10 and 9, in part due to the difference in suggested yarn, in part due to my loose knitting style). Not sure how many balls I used, because I forget how many I started with!
Pattern Notes: Knitty labelled this as 'Extraspicy', and I think this was in part due to the fact that the pattern stitches were on the right and wrong sides. The pattern also included short row shaping, and a lot of small cables. However, the pattern was clearly written, with all of the different directions for the different sizes clearly marked. I did make one change: I shortened the sleeves because they were meant to be all super long... what do I need elephant arms for??? My final comment is that the short row shaping on the shawl collar is a super nice touch. Looks great!

My final and most important bit of information about this pattern is that there is yarn left over! That means that I don't have to pirate yarn from my mom's Christmas Stocking... and that I can give it back to her! There is even yarn left over, giving me yet one more chance to think of a 'leftovers project'. Any ideas for about 300 yards of aran yarn? perhaps a very itchy cable knit hat???

No comments: