Sunday, April 22, 2007


Caravan Beads Haul 4-20-07
Originally uploaded by amandammmq.

Here's the second set of beads, this time from Caravan Beads in Portland, ME. It's a slightly less impressive pile 'o' beads, but lovely nonetheless. If you click on either pic, it ought to bring you to Flickr, where you can mouse over the pic to get more details. I have just opened a flickr account, which is super fun. It appears that the pic is not coming out the size that I want it to, but click on it and you can see it bigger.

One thing I have to say about Caravan beads is that I drive past it at least once every single time I go there. This time, I drove by it twice, because they were doing construction! I was almost freaked out that they were gone or closed, but they weren't. Their big specialty is Miyuki delicas and seed beads. They might very well have every color. Really. We're talkin' Delicas in 11, 10 (yes, the new size), and 8. Drops. Magatamas. Triangles. Bugles. Hex beads. Squares. Seeds in 15, 11, 8, 6, and E. So if that floats your boat, Caravan is the place for you.

After I got home with my beads, it took me over a day to be brave enough to pull them out of the bag. I had spent a lot of money, and was scared that maybe I had bought stuff I didn't really want or need... but ohhhhhh, I did a good job... maybe I should have gotten even more, really! :)

No comments: