Sunday, May 27, 2007

MBAAAAAAHHHHHHH! (a sheep impression)

This past Saturday, I went to the Massachusetts Sheep and Woolcraft Fair in Cummington, Massachusetts. I drove out with my buddy Cece, and we m
et her mother there. We had a very good time - it was a hot, sunny day, but parking was plentiful and it wasn't humongous and overwhelming and crowded, and it wasn't TOO hot. We saw lots of nice sheep and various other woolly animals, and both of us managed to buy some yarn, some fiber, and spindles with which to spin wool! And without further ado, here are some pictures of our day!

First, a couple of fuzzy pals in some cheery togs, which I assume keep them toasty after shearing:

Next, a cuteypie closeup:
A drowsy fluffykins:

A llama, I think...
Snuggly pals:
And the best one yet, the only friendly sheep we found all day - all of the others turned away or were fairly aloof:


Of course, I also bought some yarn, both from Spunky Eclectic, which I wound into a ball pretty much immediately:


Then, I also got some tencel yarn from Just Our Yarn, which I'll make into scarves/shawls of some sort. They had some samples all knit up, and the drape was fantastic. The price was very reasonable, as well - I'll definitely visit their website in the future!

And for my next post, I'm saving a leeeeetle bit of a surprise!

No comments: