Thursday, May 03, 2007

New Socks, New Yarn!

First off, new socks. These were whipped up out of the latest Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club yarn. It's the Silkie Socks that Rock yarn, andit is very nice and soft, what with that little bit of silk in the yarn! The pattern was called "Knee High to a Grasshopper", and you could either choose to knit them a regular height, or up to the knee. I was half tempted at first to do the knee highs, but then figured that they'd be too hot, and that no one would ever see them to appreciate them. The stitch was the most basic of lace stitches, the faggoting stitch, but in reverse: instead of k2tog, yo, it was p2tog, yo. However, I didn't notice that it was purling instead of knitting, so mine are backwards! Luckily, I like the way they look just fine!
In just the nick of time, I received the yarn from my second sock of the month club, and it is sooooo pretty! It's from Sundara Yarns, and the colorway is called "Dahlia". It is a lovely pink, and here it is, perched on my windowsill:


Yes, I've already started knitting.

In non-knitting news, I received the lease to sign and return for my new artist studio, which is very exciting! Also, I've been trying to learn some new things in jewelry making, as well. I oxidized some sterling silver headpins and earwires, and also made my own headpins with a small blowtorch! It was all very fun.

I also almost caused a fire. Wheeee! This past weekend, I had made some coffee, and I usually put the coffee pot away after I use it... yeah, I almost never put ANYTHING away after I use it, but for some strange reason, the coffee pot gets put away. Anyway, I didn't put it away. At lunch time, I turned on the stove to make something to eat, and as I was loading the dishwasher, I smelled something TERRIBLE. Upon closer inspection, it was the electrical cord to the coffee pot, which was still plugged in! YIKES! I quickly unplugged it and checked out the damage, and decided that the poor coffee pot had to be put out of its misery. This excited me to no end, because I hate that damn thing. It is old, small, and makes crappy coffee. So, whooooo baby, that means I got to go coffee pot shopping! Except that when I got to the store (with my 20% off coupon, yessirree), I said to myself that what would be even BETTER than a coffee maker ...... would be an espresso machine! That's right, I now own an espresso machine. I have made cappuccino and a latte, and have even experimented with soy milk and almond milk. The steamer thingy on the side is SO COOL, but dangerous. Hot. One of these days, I will probably have some sort of 'incident', which I promise to tell you all about.
That's it for now...

1 comment:

Cece said...

My pink is darker than yours.

And I love your socks!