Sunday, May 20, 2007

*Tiny Whimper*

Well, I had a mostly lousy ay today. I had to get up at 6 AM to get to the South End Open Market, and it seemed like a cloudy but okay day at that time... until I set up my borrowed tent (courtesy of Lush Beads owner, Liz), at which time it decided to rain... sometimes lightly, sometimes torrentially, but always wetly. There was water in my shoes. Up my pant legs. On my jewelry. Dripping through the tent. (um, tent makers? try working on a nonleaky tent, mmmmkay?) And, as you can guess, sales were wretched. Did I mention it was also chilly? Made worse by being wet, of course... I was wearing two shirts, a sweater, a jacket, and a scarf (and yes, pants, shoes, etc). I was still cold. My sales totalled $12, and consisted of a single pair of earrings that I sold to my tent mate, Skullknocker. Thank goodness for that sale, and for her mellow, humorous company.

The only light at the end of the day was that I got to go over to my friend Tarsha's house for dinner with my knitting friends afterwards. I feel very guilty that I just ate and ran - I think I owe Tarsha something special. Gotta think about that one.

The tiny whimper comes here: recently, we have had a run of some rainy and/or cold weekends with warm/hot weekdays, which is really wearing on me. I just looked at the 10 day forecast, hoping for a nice Memorial Day Weekend, and... tiny whimper... the forecast calls for three flippin' days of rain. All weekend.

Rats.

No comments: