Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Solstice Slip

Note: It is super hard to get an accurate picture at night in my apartment... so this was the best I could do!

One thing about not working numerous hours a day... you sure do have a lot of free time to knit and bead and whatnot! I started my day today with Bikram Yoga, which was no small feat, considering that it got into the mid 90's today, and let's face it... being in a room that is EVEN HOTTER than that can be tough to do on a day like today! I started feeling cold chills by the end of class, and walked out shaking and feeling like a wet noodle. Interestingly, I felt okay during class... but I remained in noodle stage for a couple of hours after class, but then was able to get back to photographing jewelry and knitting!

Anyway, now to talk about the finished socks. This pattern was from the Rockin' Sock Club, and as usual, I just loved the yarn. It is so tightly twisted and sproingy and soft... it is a treat to work with!

Pattern: The solstice Slip by JC Briar from the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Club, knit in size small
Yarn: Socks that Rock lightweight sock yarn in colorway "Firebird"
Needles: size 0 double points
Notes: For once, I found not a single pattern error or complaint in a Blue Moon Fiber Arts pattern. I have usually found some error that made me miffed, but not this time. I enjoyed the garter stitch short row heel and toe, loved working with the yarn, and liked the slip stitch pattern quite a bit! I did make the leg of the sock longer than they called for (really, guys, 5 inches?), because their socks tend to shrink up a bit on me, and socks shorter than 5 inches... that just sounds lame. I am kinda guessing they called for such a short sock because otherwise, people would have run out of yarn. Even I with my ultra skinny feet felt like I didn't have as much yarn left as I usually do after knitting a pair of socks.

So, what is next? I haven't decided. I'll either work on the shawl I already started, or I'll start another pair of socks. It's too hot to have a big project on my lap, so those are really the only two options for me at the moment.

1 comment:

Cece said...

Cool! I stuck with the 5 inches due to my big foot issues.

I haven't been to Bikram since Monday night. Bad Cece. I have been going 4 times a week and I'm just taking a rest week, I guess.