Friday, July 20, 2007

Sensational Knitted Socks

So, although I had read the book from cover to cover and absorbed all sorts of sock knitting information, I had not yet actually KNIT anything from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. However, when the most recent Petals Collection yarn came to my door, I LOVED the color of the yarn, but didn't really like the pattern that came along with it. So, I selected this one:
HAHAHAHAHA! I love how the unblocked lace makes this sock look skinny enough to fit Stick Stickley! Here are some better shots...




Oh, how I loved knitting these. The yarn is fantabulous. The pattern was well written and pretty and fun to knit.

Project Details:

Pattern: Oblique Openwork 8 stitch pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch, done over 48 stitches
Yarn: Mostly Solid in Blue Hyacinth by Sundara Yarns
Needles: size 0 double point
Notes: LIke I said, this was a nice knit. I did attempt the eye of partridge heel, but it really did not show up in this yarn. Hm.
I recommend trying out this book if you haven't already. I loved it!

No comments: