Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Today was a Better Day

Okay, so if you read my post yesterday and if you are a sensitive person who picks up on very subtle clues, you might have noticed that I was not in the best of moods. What a difference a day makes! It was a rollercoaster so far, but whatever. I can live with that.

I didn't sleep so well... I woke up at 5:30 and knew I was really awake. So, I did laundry. Someone had left their clothes overnight in two of the driers, so I used the other two, forgetting that one of them just does not dry at all. This delayed my leaving the house by an hour. This is an important detail.

Starting when I woke up, I obsessively checked the tracking info on my new laptop. By the time my laundry was finally done, the tracking info still did not state that my laptop was on the delivery truck, so I figured it was safe to run out to order a new window crank for my car. As I was checking out, the front door called to my cell phone (technology is so cool)... yeah, it was my laptop. I may or may not have used a mild curse word. I begged the UPS guy to come back in a few minutes. Then, we got disconnected. I paid the $21.75 for the window crank (what a bargain, eh?) and raced home, muttering, "I will find him... I WILL FIND HIM!" The UPS guy drives around downtown delivering stuff, so I figured I could find him.

I didn't find him. Moreover, he hadn't left one of those sticky notes to let me know when he was coming back! What to do? Do I stay in the house until he comes, possibly 36 hours from now? Do I go out, risking missing the delivery again? I called UPS and whined a little. They promised to contact the driver and request that he call me. (!!!!!!!!!!!) About 45 minutes later, the front door rings up to me again.... LAPTOP!!!!

I raced downstairs and thanked him profusely, and told him that he was my new best friend. He must hear stuff like that all the time, because not only is he nice, but he is seriously gorgeous. We're not talkin' like kinda cute, we're talkin' would have been a model if he wasn't so short. He qualifies as pocket hottie. I managed not to tell him that I loved him, but it was most likely on the tip of my tongue.

Tonight, I'm bringing my new computer over to my friend Cece's house, and her husband is going to do masterful computeristic things to it so that it is even more awesome than it was out of the box. I am thrilled.

Oh, except that after the terrible night's sleep, having to leave the house for the window crank, missing the computer, throwing a hissy fit, and then getting the computer, I got sleepy and fell asleep instead of moving my car and then I got a $15 parking ticket.

So it goes.

1 comment:

sukeyknits said...

Love the pocket hottie bit - hope you have a wonderful time with your new "toy"!