Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Well, good grief!

Yesterday and today have been the days of many wounds. It is getting ridiculous. It started yesterday when I was in Michael's buying picture frames. I spotted some I liked on the top shelf, which was within easy reach for ME, but was still quite high up. Although I did NOT touch the picture frames next to the ones I was interested in, one of them slid off the shelf and the corner landed right on my ankle bone. I was wearing shoes and socks, so I guess it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it hurt. A LOT. I was putting my weight on the shopping cart and it was ouchypants.

When I got home, I somehow scraped the skin off my knee getting out of the car. That evening, I clonked my elbows and knees a bunch of times no matter what I was doing.

Today was the most ridiculous of all. While leaving my studio, I took the elevator down, because I had the two wheeler (dolly) with me, lugging stuff down to my car. As I opened the door leading to the outside, the hinge-y arm thing that causes the door to swing back shut after you open it detached itself from the wall above the door, swung down and hit me in the back of the head. It was quite a surprise. I'm just glad it didn't happen on my way in, because then it would have hit me in the FACE.

It was ridiculous. Who does that even happen to?

Me. It evidently happens to ME.

1 comment:

Liz (made in lowell) said...

Ouchypants indeed! I saw the ankle wound and I cringe in sympathy! Now, whatever you've done to anger the gods, you must apologize!