Sunday, August 26, 2007

Bricks, Brew, & BBQ

This afternoon at Western Ave Studios, a bunch of people got together to clean off bricks, chat a lot, and eat some tasty food. I didn't stay as long as some folks did, in part because I started getting a rash. I'm allergic to hard work, evidently... either that, or as a more knowledgeable person noted, I might be allergic to the silica in the powdery residue we were kickin' up a whole lot of.

We figured out various methods of getting the old mortar off of the bricks. check out that HUGE pile of bricks and dirt in the background... there's still a bunch of work left to do, it seems...

Aside from the rash, the other unfortunate side effect of the project was that I had parked my car on the other side of the big old pile of bricks, and it is just COVERED in dust at the moment. So it goes...

No comments: