Saturday, August 18, 2007

I Think Fall is Coming...

Over the next few days, a couple of things are happening that lead me to the undeniable conclusion that Fall is on its way. Stepping outside today, the first sign is evident: the air is much cooler, much more crisp than it has been in a long time, and the weather forecast states that it is going to continue being that way for the next few days at least.

Second, and much less palatable to me, is that in fewer than 48 hours, I will be getting my lazy bones up via alarm clock to go back to school for the year. I have gotten so used to my summer schedule (or lack thereof), and it is quite enjoyable to daydream having this type of schedule forever. However, until I can survive off of only a few thousand dollars per year, I will need to keep working!

I HAVE had a nice summer - trip to London, opening up my art studio, spending time with old friends, getting a new computer, knitting a whole lot... and hey. Summer will be back in just 10 months, right?

In knitting news, I am only a couple of hours away from finishing the body of my latest shawl, the Myrtle Leaf Shawl with Willow Border from the Victorian Lace Today book. I will post a picture in the near future, but for now, it really just looks like it did in this post, but longer.

No comments: