Thursday, August 02, 2007

Mango Moon Scarf

Well, here it is, the finished Mango Moon scarf. I took a stealth picture at my parents' house the other day, with the scarf hanging in front of my mom's tomato plants. Yes, Mommy, this was the secret surprise I was telling you about. :)

Here's a close-up of the fringe, which is actually the best part, in my opinion:
Project Notes:

Yarn: Mango Moon Dawn, 100% recycled viscose, two skeins
Needles: Denise Interchangables, size 9
Pattern: I made it up. changed skeins every other row, did a 3-yarn-over drop stitch every 8 rows.
I really loved working with this yarn. For one, I bought one of the skeins in London... it was the ONLY thing I bought to bring home the whole time I was there. Next, the color was beautiful, and I loved the raw, unfinished nature of the yarn.

And here is a shot of my newest cast-on. It's the Japanese Feather Lace sock pattern from Suzi Anvin, and I am enjoying it already. There is a 28 row lace pattern, but that just keeps things interesting! I'm using Plymouth Sockotta sock yarn, which is a cotton/ wool/ nylon superwash blend. It's nice!

No comments: