Monday, August 06, 2007

Silver and Turquoise

It is a dark and gloomy day today, but the light in my studio is still pretty good. The couch DOES, however, look pretty good for a nap...

I have a couple of things to share today. First off, my first 'serious' foray into handmade ear wires. I have made ear wires before, but this time around, I have a tumbler so that they get all hardened and polished and awesome. Cool, huh?


The next project I worked on was making a bracelet/ necklace set for my neighbor, who wanted to get something for his daughter who is turning 40-ish. He really wasn't sure what he wanted to give her, but he gave me a price range, said she liked turquoise, and away I went. For the earrings, I figured I'd stay simple and not TOO matchypoo, because this way, she'll really be able to wear them with a lot more things.



So, although these two things are not for sale, I do indeed have enough materials left to make something similar.

Just putting that out there... ;-)

4 comments:

LadyK said...

Hi!
I just found your blog today! I love the bracelet and earrings, they turned out beautiful. The earrings will go with just about anything too. :)

I am going to add you to my artist's blogs list too.

Have a great day!

liz aka hobbledehoy said...

Wow, I *love* your hand-made earring wires! They really polish earrings, in my opinion.

Liz (made in lowell) said...

Nice!! Your earwires came out GREAT! And that bracelet/earrings set will be much admired, excellent work.

pinkmilk said...

Love the ahndmade ear wires, what a lovely touch