Thursday, September 27, 2007

New Yarn, Lotsa Bracelets!



This yarn came in the mail today from Sundara Yarns Petals Collection. The color name is "Poppy". It's beautiful and right up my alley! I was hoping for a purply yarn this time around, and I was obviously not disappointed. I think it shows up more blue on my computer monitor than it is in real life... it's more of a 'merlot' in real life.

As always, a pattern came with the yarn. Now, when I first started getting 'sock of the month club' yarns and patterns, I diligently followed the patterns... but somewhere along the way, I strayed from the prescribed patterns and did my own thing. This go around, I can't decide. The pattern that came with it is nice, but there are a couple of patterns I've found that I'm really dying to try. What to do, what to do?

This weekend is Lowell Open Studios, and I've been preparing by making a TON of bead crochet bracelets. Fifteen new ones, to be precise. That is better described by me telling you that this has taken up approximately 45 hours of my life over the past couple of weeks. I'm on fire! However, I have not been all that inspired with the simple bead stringing projects, which is too bad... they are so much faster!
Anyway, here is a pic of some of the new bracelets:



Anyway, if you live nearby, come visit me this weekend over at Western Ave. You can paw the bead crochet. Open studios is the reason I am hesitating to cast on for these new socks... I feel like I should be focusing on jewelry. But new yarn is so hard to resist! Aggh!

No comments: