Friday, November 23, 2007

Secret of the Stole

Two months ago, I joined a knitalong where you don't know ahead of time what the final project will look like. We knew it was a stole, we knew what style of yarn and beads to purchase, but we didn't really know how long or wide it would be, or whether the pattern would even be something we liked.

I went for it, and ended up enjoying the process as well as the end result.



It's hanging out (all NINE FEET OF IT) on my floor, happily blocking.

Informal final project words:

I liked doing a knitalong where you only get one section of the pattern per week; it meant that I didn't RUSH rush rush like I sometimes (okay, frequently) do.
I liked that it was fairly simple... pretty basic stitches and no need for a lifeline.
I liked seeing how other people's projects were coming along.
I liked the yarn.

I liiiiiiked it.

So there you have it.

Today is the day after Thanksgiving. It was a quiet day... my mom, dad, grandma, and myself. We ate loads of delicious food, and just hung out and mellowed. This wonderful day was followed by a day of terrible tragedy. Yes, tragedy. About 30 minutes after I left my parents' house, I realized I had left my wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving leftovers on the top shelf of the fridge. Dagnabbit!
Well, there is always Christmas...

3 comments:

Stacey said...

That Stole is so beautiful! Lovely!

And that is a huge tragedy...I've done that more times than I can count! :)

Marianne said...

That is such a beautiful stole! I wish I had participated!

Liz and I got together on Tuesday to knit and we talked about maybe having a Lowell knitting circle - what do you think?

~Marianne

Amanda said...

i would definitely be interested in a knitting circle. i bet we could get a few people together, no problem!