Friday, January 18, 2008

*insert interesting post title here*

Note: no hyperlinks today. Sowwy.... too lazy!


Well, I jumped a little hurdle today in my quest to be more environmentally friendly – When I went to go buy a coffee today, I remembered to bring my travel mug. I never really see anyone doing this, so I asked the owner what the policy was about using travel mugs. “It’s a dollar”, she said. Now, ladies and gentlemen, when was the last time you paid a mere dollar for a coffee? This is wonderful! I’m saving money AND reducing the amount of stuff I throw out! Stupendous!

In knitting news, the Widdershins Noro socks I was working on are being put in the corner for misbehavior. I generously knit the foot to 7 inches before working the heel, and the heel was supposed to eat up another 3 inches… but…. It did not. And since the following statements are true: 1. my feet are not going to shrink 2. I have already frogged this yarn 3 times and can’t quite bear to rip back again quite yet…. These are going to be put on a time out for the moment.

Instead, I have cast on for the Central Park Hoodie, which everyone in the entire world is either currently knitting or is about to cast on (or has already finished, I suppose). Cece and I decided to do this sweater together. Those knitters on Ravelry who have already knit this pattern has beautiful results to share, and I’m looking forward to see how mine turns out! I bought a discontinued Classic Elite yarn at their factory store, called “Skye Tweed” in a sort of teddy bear brown tweed color. They had EXACTLY the number of balls left in the color that I wanted to use, which was rather convenient, don’t you think? Anyway, as of the first day of knitting this sweater, I am 1 14th finished, as I got to the end of the first ball of yarn.

Last night, I went to meet up with some other Lowell knitters, whom I met up with through Ravelry. We have met several times on Thursday nights at a local bar, to drink beer, eat chili, knit and chat. It’s been an enjoyable way to pass an evening, and it’s always fun to see what other people are working on. I wore my “Tweedy Aran Cardigan” by Norah Gaughan to the event, as I like to take the opportunity to ‘show off’ my knitting to people who would actually appreciate what I’ve made. The funny part about this is that when I got home, there was an email waiting for me from my mother, asking me to look up that VERY SAME PATTERN on Ravelry to see what people were saying about it! What are the odds? Because it is from the Winter 01/02 issue of Interweave Knits, only 17 people on Ravelry have documented knitting this sweater, but everyone’s looked very nice, so I gave my mom the thumbs up and urged her to join Ravelry, if only to surf for patterns.

We have a 3 day weekend coming up. I have lofty plans to do a bit of housework, perhaps a smidge of sewing, some knitting, and on Sunday, I’m meeting up with a couple of friends for lunch, which ought to be fun. Other than that, I will remain horizontal to keep nursing the ol’ tailybone. It is getting better bit by bit, but it is taking its sweet time in doing so!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

The CPH is a great sweater! I wear mine all the time.

I am so annoyed at missing the knitting group again - stupid commuter train.