Monday, January 07, 2008

It's official.....


..... I broke my butt.

I dragged my ass (pun intended) to the doctor today, if only to document my injury and to figure out the healing timeline. I got some x-rays, and indeed, I broke my tailybone. Not a fracture, not just a terrible bruise, but an official bone break. Dang.

As others have told me, the doctor said I can expect to be uncomfortable for about six months. Oh, great.

I am just glad something even worse did not happen! No skin barrier was breached, my overall spine was not damaged... and it was only my hiney, not my brain or something...

Now, I have official bragging rights. People, I broke my BUTT! You fell or stubbed your toe? So what... I BROKE MY BUTT! You have to use crutches? So what... I CAN'T SIT DOWN!

I can get many sympathy points if I play my cards right...

And as a matter of fact, it helped me to score a free martini tonight from a neighbor. We saw each other while I was walking back from the parking garage after my doctor's appointment, and I told him of my woes, and he bought me a drink.

This broken butt thing just might be the answer to all of my problems... I wonder what else it might get me!

Huzzah for broken buttttts!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

oh dear. I'm so sorry to be giggling at the "broke my butt"...but you do have my sympathy. How does that even heal anyway?

Sit softly!

KnittingKnirvana said...

You have my complete and total sympathies! I broke my butt in 5th grade rollar skating. It is just awful! The pain made a reoccurance when I was pregnant. I highly recommend a chiropractor after you have healed. Healed tail bones have a way of making themselves known again. Chiropracters have really helped me!

Amanda said...

it's okay to giggle at 'broken butt'... it is a bit funny!

thanks for the sympathies and such... and i will definitely STRONGLY consider chiropractic intervention once it has healed. scar tissue will most likely build up and cause issues.

too bad my chiropractor brother lives on the opposite coast... sigh...

lizzielizzie said...

Maybe you can get some hawt dates out of it...

Liz (made in lowell) said...

Who knew that would be such a hot pick up line? You work it, girl!