Saturday, January 12, 2008

New Knitting - Widdershins



After trying several different patterns with this new Noro Kureyon sock yarn, I finally settled on Widdershins from Knitty.

Lately, I have been 'mixing it up' when it comes to knitting socks. I started knitting socks on two circular needles instead of using double points, and for this project, I decided to knit two socks at a time. This way, I would know well ahead of time how long I could make the socks, rather than being conservative when making one sock at a time, leaving too much for the second sock.

Point of information: this sock pattern is quite narrow. They fit my extra narrow feet like a snugly glove, so if you have regular or wide feet, you're going to have to fiddle with the pattern (or use thicker yarn) in order to make these socks fit.

Another point of information: if you are interested in getting some of the Noro yarn, you should visit Carodan Farm's website. They have the lowest price I have found on the web - an introductory price of $16.25, rather than $18.95, which is the regular price I've seen elsewhere. Plus, there's free shipping for orders over $75, if you are so inclined to spend that much.

The yarn feels not quite as rough as the regular Kureyon, but like regular Kureyon, I have heard that it 'blooms' nicely after washing. We'll see what happens. I just love Kureyon so much, I almost don't care if they're too itchy for me to wear! It's so pretty and Noro-y!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Those are so pretty! I saw some Noro Sock when I was in OR - I was tempted but I passed - it just felt too rough for me. Hmmm, but I keep seeing so many socks made up & they are so beautiful.

I love that pattern, I really should finish the pair I started!