Monday, January 14, 2008

Yarn Source Find!

Okay, so I really didn't JUST find this online store, but have actually REdiscovered Carodan Farm recently, when I went online to find a good price on the new Noro Kureyon sock yarn. Carodan Farm had the best price I could find: $16.25. They are now sending me their newsletters, and they're having a five day sale just prior to doing their annual inventory... over 40 yarns are on sale, and you can also get 10% off all non-sale yarns by entering the code: JAN2008 when checking out. They have a ton of sock yarns. Loads of sock yarns. Some of which are tempting me with their socky sockiness.

I am particularly enthralled by the Crystal Palace Panda Cotton, which has bamboo, cotton, and stretchy nylon in it. The stretchiness might make it superior to the bamboo yarn I have tried in the past, which was saggy. soft, pretty, but saggy. No one likes a saggy sock! In the 80's, we liked SLOUCHY socks, but even then, saggy was a no-go.

Ooh, Noro Transitions is also on a very good sale there... $15 instead of the usual $25 per skein! What a deal! It's still a bit out of my price range for anything other than a hat, but still... it's lovely!

Hmm, they also have the Kaffe Fassett sock yarn... I love some of the colorways... and ... MMMMMM... Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn... sigh... so delicious!

And to further tantalize, they ship for free for orders over $75.

Now, wasn't that fun? We just went window shopping together!

No comments: