Friday, April 18, 2008

And last but not least...

Man, am I glad I took fourteen million pictures the other day... I'm getting a lot of mileage out of them! I'm a posting maniac!

Here is the final finished item that I have been waiting to reveal. It is the Bainbridge Scarf by Mintyfresh. This innovative little number initially looks like little more than a tube with a tie on either side.



However, slip it over your head, fold it just so, and tie the ties... and you are left with a verrrry cute little scarf!



This yarn is once again some mystery yarn... I believe it might be handspun, and it has beads mixed in, which is absolutely adorable.

This pattern is an excellent project to make if you don't have enough yarn for a traditional, long scarf. Plus, it is quite simple to create, and yet ingenious in its design! I most definitely will make more in the future.

Today marks the beginning of a week off from school/ work. The weather today was gorgeous, and I had planned ahead and packed a backpack to take to Walden Pond after work today. It was a nice way to kick off the vacation! First, I put on my sneakers and took a walk around the pond. The swarms of bugs were quite hilariously annoying in parts, but I survived. Then, I went back to the car, gathered my 'relaxing' supplies, and headed back to the pond to find a shady spot to sit and read for a while. Unfortunately, my tailbone was not interested in cooperating for all that long (yeah, did you forget it was badly injured a few months back?). It still aches if I sit on it wrong for too long. Too long isn't very long, unfortunately! I'm not quite 4 months into the 6 month healing process they told me to expect.

But, enough about my butt, ha ha. Since I did the mega house cleaning and my taxes over February vacation, I don't have any dreadful tasks hanging over my head this week. It is a true miracle, but I have managed to keep my house clean since February! Family members, I sure hope you were sitting down when you read that. Amanda. Kept. The. House. Clean.

There are still owl pictures to share... stay tuned!

1 comment: