Wednesday, April 16, 2008

And today, a couple of scarves!

I'm doing a good job of spreadin' the blog love. I have even more items to share after these, believe it or not!

First, My So Called Scarf, pattern by Allison Isaacs:



I don't know what the yarn is. I don't remember what size needle I used. What I do know is that I absolutely love this stitch. It is all herringbone-y, and cool, and pretty simple to do! The back side isn't a huge mess, either... it just looks like a bit of garter stitch/ reverse stockinette. I will definitely make more scarves in this pattern in the future.

Next up, the Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf by Karen Baumer. I used recycled sari silk yarn, which can be a bit hard on the hands, but I just love watching the different colors go by. The yarn is lumpy, thick/thin, with strange puffballs of shredded fabric... and I love it! This yarn was a bit more consistent in color than some that I've seen, so the diagonal aspect doesn't show up as well, but it is still cool. The fringe is the best part, in my opinion, because you can really see and enjoy the yarn itself.






Stay tuned - I think I still have three fully completed items to show off, as well as progress on my Noro Nutkin socks, AND a crochet project!

I probably won't post tomorrow - my parents are coming down to visit, and we're going out to dinner and then we're going to a lecture/ presentation on owls. There will be real owls there, even!

1 comment:

aweso said...

wow! i love the stitch pattern in that blue stripey scarf. so cool!