Saturday, April 12, 2008

Stuffed Peppers


Okay, people. I did it: I took many pictures today. Approximately 30 (well, 28 to be precise) of them are blog-worthy. That's a lot of pictures, so I'm going to be creating several posts. Probably all this evening. I know that this is fairly lame of me... after all, it would be much better if I chose to spread them out, say, over a week, but let's face it. I have not been the most reliable lately when it comes to blogging. Showering regularly, yes. Blogging regularly, no.

Anyway, I have once again cooked a great meal from the cookbook Vegan with a Vengeance by Isa Moskowitz. This time, it was black bean, mushroom and quinoa-stuffed peppers, only I didn't have quinoa, so I used short grain brown rice. I put salsa over the top, and it was quite delicious!

Straight out of the oven:


Ready to eat - check out that close-up steam action!

Okay, people, that's it for this post. Oops except.... today was supposed to rain all day... but they got it all wrong! It was delightfully warm and sunny for most of the day, except for about 1 1/2 hours in the mid/late afternoon. I even wore flip flops outside... I tried to walk fast so no one got a good look at my snaggly 'winterfeet'. It's disastrous down there.

No comments: