Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Howdy.

Various things are going on in my life today. I woke up and knew something was sorta... wrong... my throat was extra tickly, and when I tried to talk, I had pretty much no voice! The verdict? ALLERGIES! I never had regular seasonal allergies until a couple of years ago. I had been all smug, thinking I was out of the woods (pun intended), having reached my 30's without suffering from hay fever and whatnot. Not so. For the past couple of springs, I have been sneezly and watery for 2-3 weeks. Not really SO horrible, but still not unusually fantastic. I'm dosing up on Claritin... we'll see how that goes.

I received excellent news today; my supervisor called me on the phone and informed me that the superintendent (or her designee, according to my union contract) had approved my request to take a personal day on my last day of work before summer vacation. The contract states that I'm not allowed to take a personal day before or after any vacation, unless I receive special permission. I got it! Oddly, though, my supervisor received notification... but I never did! Thank goodness she let me know... I would have still been in the dark. That's bureaucracy for you! Whoa. Bureaucracy can be hard to spell if you're not paying attention!

I made yet another excellent meal from Vegan with a Vengeance... this time, it was Jerk Chicken served with Coconut Rice, with sweet potato and sauteed swiss chard on the side. It was great! Unfortunately, there was a bit of a chili powder snafu, and I ended up dumping a TON of it into the marinade, because I was expecting the sprinkle top to be on the jar, instead of NO sprinkle top. Ewps. I dug out as much as I could, but suffice it to say that it was QUITE spicy. Still really good and edible, though! Thank goodness.


Also, I'm sure you'll be surprised to know that I've been doing some more spinning! I spun my way through another batt by TerraBellaSpun - her colors are just lovely. Also, she was very friendly customer service - wise... I have bought from a few other people who sell fiber on Etsy, and she was the only one who wrote me a personal 'thanks for your purchase' note. It was very nice!


I received many votes regarding the knee socks... the consensus appears to be that a 3-4 inch cuff would not be out of place. Therefore, I will press on... and move on to sock #2.

No comments: