Sunday, May 04, 2008

I might never actually knit again!

Seriously, I am enjoying spinning SO MUCH.

Observe:

First up, some fiber from Wicked Wool on Etsy. Her shop is currently on hiatus, as she is in school. I have informed her that I wish to be notified when she opens up again - the colors were nicely saturated throughout the fiber, and it spun up very nicely.


Next, some BFL fiber from Spunky Eclectic. It was in batt form, and I found it a bit stiff. The resulting yarn is kind of strange - the plies sort of stand apart from each other rather than snuggling together nicely. It hasn't been washed yet, so I'm hoping that a good washing will sort things out okay. I really like the colors.


Finally, my fave so far, I think - some Finn wool dyed by Witchypoo. She told me that Finn had a lovely sheen to it and that I'd really like it, and she was totally right. It spun up very nicely and easily, and I enjoyed the color changes. And wow, the resulting yarn is gorgeous! Soooooo soft, sproingy, pattable. If she made more of this, I would snatch it right up!


Anyway, I've currently started up on a fascinating merino/ bamboo blend. It is exceedingly soft. The bamboo wants to just fluff away from the rest of the fiber, which is causing a bit of an issue, but I don't care. It rules anyway. It is like a pewffy clowd. Misspelled purposefully, of course.

Here is what the fiber itself looks like; the green is a bit more greenish in real life. the description on Etsy mentions something about 1970's decor, actually.



Here it is in the midst of being spun. I am looking forward to seeing how it looks once it is plied!

1 comment:

Lynne (witchypoo) said...

my goodness you are a spinning fool :) I cannot believe what a beautiful job you did spinning up the finn! I love finn - it's nice for felting too.