Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I've been spinning! AND knitting!

I turned this fiber from Copperpot on Etsy:

into bulky thick and thin yarn plied with matching brown thread:


Here is some yarn I made with fiber from TerraBellaSpun on Etsy:


And here is another one from Copperpot:


And here is an unspun batt from TerraBellaSpun - isn't it delicious?


Here it is, sitting on the bobbin. I haven't decided how I want to ply it - either two ply, or Navajo ply.


I'm also doing some knitting. I have put the Noro knee socks on hold - I have decided that I would like them best if I actually used a contrasting yarn for the toe, heel and cuff, because that way, the color changes would not be broken up around the ankle. So, I have to gather up the courage to start reknitting them! In the meantime, I decided to test out that 'contrasting yarn' theory by knitting up some stripedy knee highs, inspired by Stacey... well, not so much inspired as directly copied, really...


I did contrasting toes and heels. I'm up to the cuff. However, once again, there really is not enough of the main yarn. The cuff will need to be like 3-4 inches high. I'm not sure yet whether this bothers me. At least with these socks, there are matching toes/ heels. Sigh...

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Those look lovely! Damn our long legs ;)

And your handspun is gorgeous!