Monday, May 19, 2008

The Loot

Cece, Suzanne and I met up at Webs to do a leeeeeetle bit of yarn shopping at their annual tent sale. Here are the two of them with their loot:

I pre-shopped ahead of time online, so I knew what I wanted to get. It was a good thing, because it was utter mayhem in there! I would have gotten a picture, but someone probably would have stolen my yarn had I put it down. No, not really, but that would have made for a good story! The checkout lines were maybe 20 people deep, maybe more. And because people were buying so much, they moved along pretty darn slowly!

Enough of that, let's get to the loot flashing.

They had fiber vendors outdoors under tents. I bought very little fiber, but I did buy some "Angelina" fiber to add into things that I spin - it adds a little sparkle to the mix:

I also bought some Hempathy from Elizabeth Lavold. I plan to make the Victoria Tank with it (Ravelry link).

Next up, some Cotton Fleece by Brown Sheep. I am going to make Rusted Root (Ravelry link), which is a nice short sleeve springy sweater. The pink is not quite as bubble gummy in real life. Really.

Rowan Kidsilk Night. It was on quite the sale. Normally, I don't go for the Kidsilk, as it is a bit too halo-y and doesn't show the stitch definition as well as I'd like. However, at this price, I was willing to give it a chance. I have no idea what I am going to make out of it yet. There are some ideas floating around in my head, such as perhaps Ice Queen from Knitty.com. Who knows, really!

Kidsilk Spray. Ditto as for above.

And finally, some nice Valley Yarns Berkshire Bulky. It was on super duper closeout, and was just right to make this cool cardigan from Garnstudio, elegantly named the 103-1 Jacket. Those Germans and their ueber practical names for things! And yes, it should be "ueber". I learned that from a German friend. When you don't have access to the umlaut, you add an 'e' afterwards. Now you know.

So, those are the yarns that I purchased. Now, I find myself in the enviable position of having a whooole lot of project- specific yarn - more than I am used to, really. I shall be knitting away, quite happily, for some time!

1 comment:

Lizmo said...

Holy mackerel! Looks like you guys staged an all-out raid on the place. Well done and happy knitting!