Saturday, May 10, 2008

Owls!

Finally. I had to upload the owl photos from emails from my dad, and they took FOREVER to load, and sometimes required me to shut my computer down. It was somewhat of an ordeal, actually!

I'm at my parents' house today, and my father mentioned that he was a bit sad that I had not posted the owl pictures. They have gotten quite a few comments on my Flickr page, because, let's face it, owls are cool. Plus, my father took some great pictures! And, here they are, in no particular order.
Winking owl:


3 ounce owl (with 4 ounce owl in the lower left corner):






Flappy owl:


Flappy snowy owl:

Barred Owl:


Sleepy Barred Owl:


Aside from the fact that the tiny ones were cute because they are tiny, I think that the barred owl was my favorite on the cuteness factor. the circles around his eyes are great.

It was a nice treat to get to check out these magnificent birds. We even got to see some pellets, and hear some real owl hooting! Plus, my parents came down to visit, and it was nice to see them.

1 comment:

Lizmo said...

In middle school we dissected owl pellets and mine had a whole mouse skeleton in it. Good times.