Saturday, June 21, 2008

Do you know how to pick beets?

Cuz I do! At least, as of today, I do!

I went to visit my friend Heather today, who lives in Newburyport. We started the day by going to a local farm, and we picked strawberries (a whoooole lot of them), lettuce, rhubarb, and beets. We asked another woman in the beet row, and she explained what to do... and then we were off and running!

We made a nice salad for lunch - lettuce, strawberries, a little red onion, some mozzarella and pine nuts, with a little balsamic vinegar sprinkled on top. Yum!

After that, we walked into town and strolled around for a long time, poking into stores, sitting for an inappropriately long time in furniture stores, and generally having a groovy old time.

I'm kinda pooped after being out in the sun all day - I'm going to sleep well tonight, and I'm okay with that!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Wow, that sounds like such fun! I'm really into going to farmers markets & the like :)