Sunday, June 29, 2008

Knitting Trauma

Lately, I have been running into knitting problems. I was working on a hemp tank top, and realized that I didn't like the look of the gauge I was knitting it at... and ripped the whole thing out - days of work, on size 1 needles. I have knit back up 4 inches, but now am trying to decide if I REALLY want to do THAT pattern, or maybe I might want to do a different tank top pattern.

The tank top is on a time out for the moment.

Next, I found a very dismaying error in my Rusted Root the other night, when I was about 3/4 of the way done with it. Somehow, I added a stitch, and the error lies right in between my boobs. It is exceedingly noticeable., especially when the sweater is on. The problem spot is just to the left of the lace panel, about 4-5 full lace repeats down from the top:


In for a closer inspection:


A macro shot to further highlight the disturbing truth:


Right after I took these pictures, I ripped out about 10 inches of knitting. The error is even above the sleeve area. U.G.H.

2 comments:

Cece said...

That SUCKS.

Trinity said...

Ohhhh. That is so not fun. A timeout is a good option. It is hard to make smart decisions when holding a grudge against your project.