Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Handspun One Row Scarf

How is it that I never posted this entry? I wrote it on July 24! I have no idea if this is a repeat because I'm too lazy to check.

I finally knitted up the merino from the Tour de Fleece:




Yay, pretty! I love how the stripes are all random and stuff. I like that it is both ridgy and nubbly. Hooray! I didn't make it quite as long as I could have, though, because I wanted to save some of the yarn to pat and look at.

I used this One Row Scarf pattern by the Yarn Harlot. I used the size needles she suggested. I cast one four fewer stitches.

Ooh, also, I SPUN SOCK WEIGHT SOCK YARN! And, it is even SUPERWASH and there is actually enough of it to make a pair of socks with! I used fiber from Pigeonroofstudios, which can sometimes be hard to get, because people stalk her store and buy it as soon as it is listed! The braids of roving I've gotten have been all stealth and stalk-y. Even worse, she lives on the West Coast and is a bit of a night owl, so she frequently updates her shop at midnight her time, 3 AM my time! But it is lovely fiber. Looky!


I am quite pleased. there is more yardage than in lightweight Socks that rock, so there will be plenty of yarn for some sockies. I'm not sure what I'll do with this... maybe just simple k3,p1 ribbed socks. I like those. How to decide!

2 comments:

fluffy said...

Well done! I love how it turned out. And if you ever want me to stalk pigeonroof's store for you, just let me know!

Gigi said...

Way to go on the spinning! That is quite an accomplishment. =-)

Your scarf turned out lovely. It does justice to the beautiful yarn you made.