Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Jeans!

I am always in search of the perfect pair of jeans. My long legs immediately render most pants of any type completely unwearable. I have no sympathy whatsoever for short people who whine about having to hem pants - at least you have that option! There is no option to lengthen jeans, my short legged friends. Even a lot of 'long' pants only have a 34 inch inseam, which is juuuuust a bit too short for me. Bummer, right?

My second problem is that even when I DO find a pair of jeans that are long enough, chances are they have a too-short inseam or are too boxy in fit, so that the hips are tight, but the waist area is several inches too big. Once again, it is not possible to lengthen an inseam, people!

Now that I am done whining, I will note that a LOT of people have a hard time finding that perfect pair of jeans. Enter the solution: you can MAKE YOUR OWN JEANS! At this website, you select a type of denim, you enter certain measurements, pick a cut (boot cut, baggy, skinny, etc) choose any add ons you like (various pocket designs), and add in any other specifics... and presto! Perfect jeans! Including shipping (from India), most jeans are about $65, which is certainly cheaper than a lot of jeans out there. I am absolutely going to try this. If it works out, I truly may never try on a pair of jeans in a store again. They even have a maternity option, and they even offer a Brazilian cut jean. I have always wanted Brazilian jeans, because they accentuate the posterior, while offering enough seat coverage to avoid 'plumber's butt'. However, they are not made in sizes appropriate for a woman with Amazonian proportions! :)

Now, who says that late night web surfing doesn't pay off! My only problem now is to decide which jeans I want. They have a page of customer appreciation shots, and it certainly does look as though the 'customer is king'... there is one dude who appears to enjoy a TWO INCH FRONT INSEAM (that particular photo is not for the faint of heart), and presto... he gets what he wants! They will make ANY waist size, although the cost goes by waist circumference... there is even an option for a waist size above 68.1 inches.

I am beside myself with delight. I really hope this works out!

1 comment:

Marianne said...

You'll definitely have to let me know how these work out for you. I am also jeans challenged and always have to get my pants tailored.