Wednesday, March 18, 2009

How is it only Wednesday???

I guess some weeks tick by a bit slower than others. Not sure what it is about this particular week that makes it feel like the second hand got stuck and is plinking against some invisible barrier, working like heck to make the next second pass. By right, this week should be sailing delightfully by - spring has been flirting with us, with tweeting birds in the morning, warm springy air on our faces in the afternoon, sunlight still available for our enjoyment well past 6 PM.

But, nooooooo. For some reason, I am getting a "Groundhog Day" feeling about this week, like, "wasn't it just Wednesday YESTERDAY???" Evidently, it was not, much to my dismay.

ANYway... did everyone have a nice St. Patrick's Day? I did nothing St. Patricky other than wearing a greenish shirt to work, and going to an Irish pub the day before... things were pretty dead in there, actually. I met up with some Lowell area knitting friends, and we had a nice time, until a very slurringly drunk 'gentleman' decided it was high time to come on over and chat us up. Oh, it was a train wreck. His opening line was something to the effect that if he was sitting with us, he would see it as a very big insult that we were knitting... like we were ignoring our table mates. Yeah, way to go dude... alienate every single person at the table with your opening statement! I contradicted him, and he then guessed (sharp one, he was) that I was the one at the table who thought he was rude and obnoxious.

Things only went downhill from there, and he got angrier and angrier with each thing I said to him. I finally told him to leave us alone (much more politely than he deserved), but it took a few tries to get him to buzz off. Poor, poor drunk Patrick... he's probably home blogging about those arrogant b!tches at the bar who wouldn't give his wonderful self the time of day... wouldn't that be apt!

For those who are interested, I am continuing to do well with my new year's financial challenge to myself. Perhaps at the 6 month mark, I will make a more detailed report on that front.

Knitting: I continue to be knitting for other people, so have no new pictures, although I may have a new spinning picture for you within the next week - stay tuned!

1 comment:

Marianne said...

I am so glad I wasn't there for that - it would have totally annoyed me!