Saturday, March 07, 2009

Knitting Content!

Yes, yes, yes! I have knitting to share. Last weekend, I went to "SPA" weekend up in Freeport, Maine. There was yarn, fiber, and there were many, many knitters and spinners. It was very relaxing and I enjoyed myself. Also, I only spent $16 on yarn/fiber! We will not, however, discuss my meal budget, which was slightly higher. SLIGHTLY.

Here there be mittens!



The pattern is Bella's Mittens (Ravelry link) by Marielle Henault. The yarn is Classic Elite Tryst, which is 100% cashmere. These mittens are deliciously soft! I added two cable repeats to make them long enough... they were way too short for me otherwise. If you make these mittens, definitely try them on before decreasing for the fingertips... or else you risk having to back up and do some lengthening. My hands are not as long as you would think give my height, so I know of what I speak.

Next up, some handspun yarn! I got the fiber from Lynne/ Witchypoo, who dyed up this hot, hot, hot pink superwash merino just for me. I spun it up right away, since I couldn't wait to see how it would turn out!


It's pink, all right! I got about 425 yards of sock weight yarn... those are going to be some exciting socks!

And finally, some fiber that I got from Sereknity... we bartered - fiber for jewelry. Looky those colors!



Well, here ends the fibery update... hopefully, there will be more soonish!

For those of you who live in my general area of the world... how 'bout that weather today - it was gorgeous!!! I was out of the house all day, and left the windows open... my apartment smelled so fresh and airy when I got home. It was verrrrry nice.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Oooo, those mitts are gorgeous! And the sock yarn is so lovely!

And yes, it was so nice out Saturday...today looks even better (well, at the moment anyway!)

Lowell Handmade said...

Love the knitting update! We shared a link to you from our blog - thanks for sharing!!

knittingknirvana said...

I'm glad you had such a great weekend! I love Maine and I love knitting weekends. And making wise, careful fiber purchases, too!! I can't wait to see the hot pink socks! Saturday was gorgeous--we went to the playground and ran around after our toddler. :)

ana said...

Your witchypoo handspun is fantabulous! Delish!