Monday, April 06, 2009

A TERRIBLE Start to the Day!

My phone rang this morning before I had gotten out of bed. Fortunately, I decided to answer it, and it was my neighbor, telling me my car was getting towed! I threw on a pair of jeans under my wee nightie, and grabbed a jacket and my keys, and ran across the street in a most inappropriate state of semi-dress. I believe I was still wearing my night guard, but gracefully yanked it out before addressing the tow truck operator.

The upshot was that yes, he'd drop my car back down for a modest $75, in cash. The silly part of all of this is that I have NEVER, in all of the 4 1/2 years of living where I do, EVER, parked in that parking lot. I figured, hey, I'll be out of there by 7:30, who will care? Evidently, the owners of the parking lot care. Fortunately, so do my neighbors Brett and Suzz, and I am incredibly grateful that I had a car to drive to work in today!

On a more positive note, I had a nice evening last night after my bike ride. My friend came over and we wandered around downtown Lowell taking pictures. One of these days, I'd like to take a hobbyist photography course of some sort - I'd like to get even better shots than the ones that I do, as well as learn a few more tricks along the way.

Here are a couple of the photos I took:

Door on St. Ann's Church:


Canal next to Middlesex Community College:


Reflection in window at St. Ann's Church:


Lock doors behind Doubletree:


Desiccated, thorny plant with spider web:


I took a whole bunch of photos, but only edited/ cropped a few of them.

Ooh, today I am starting my tutoring job after work today! It is going to feel like a very long work day... I'm not used to working that many hours in a row! I will have to let you all know how it goes today...

3 comments:

sukeyknits said...

Yay for friendly neighbors! Boo for owner's who tow cars! Glad it worked out.

Lynne said...

Now that was a rude awaking!

Love the photos - good eye!

ps I <3 my bracelet

knittingknirvana said...

Thank goodness for thoughtful neighbors!

I am LOVING your photos!! :) Especially the red door juxtaposed with the heavy ornate metal. Gotta love a red door.