Monday, April 27, 2009

A Visit to the Decordova

If you live in this neck of the woods and want a nice place to walk around outdoors and see some sculptures, I recommend the Decordova Museum. However, when the heck did they start charging money? I was so irritated! Fortunately, it was a Sunday and they stop charging at 5PM, and we arrived at 4:45, so we went elsewhere for 15 minutes. All's well that ends well.

We used those 15 minutes to stop at the Lincoln Library:







Now, it is true that most of the pictures aren't even of the library, but whatever. That's how I roll.

Once we were at the Decordova, there were tons of sculptures to photograph. Here are a few of them, with a few nature shots mixed in, of course.











It was a beautiful afternoon, although a stiff breeze cooled things down a bit more than anticipated. The same cannot be said for this past weekend, which soared into the 80's! We'll evidently see 90 tomorrow, and it will then plummet back down into the 60's for the next week or so. Never a dull moment!

4 comments:

Trinity said...

I love that "museum"! Apparently there has always been an admission charge, but I have never had to pay it if I just walked the grounds. Maybe they are tightening up on monitoring admissions.
Your photos are great.

Jackie said...

Beautiful photos! Thanks for the tip on the sculpture garden, I'll have to bring the kids one of these days.

SbutterAMfly said...

I love that place.
I think they started charging to view the sculptures about a year ago, or shortly after they finished the renovations they were doing.

I too, was very frustrated about that. It seems silly... but I guess everyone's out to make a buck.

I'm glad to know they stop charging at 5 on Sundays.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Vicki said...

I've always wanted to go to the Decordova. The photos are lovely!